Monash DanceSport returns Week 1 of the semester – 4th March 2019
Who we are
A community created by students for students, promoting our ethos for diversity and multiculturalism across Monash University’s dance scene. You know you’ve got the dancing bug when you hear the beat of a song and you itch to groove your body!
What we offer
As a Monash student, staff or alumni or as a public member, Monash DanceSport can offer you:
- Classes run by professional instructors in a variety of dance styles
- Dance Masters of Australia (DMA) qualified medal examinations for Modern Ballroom, Latin Ballroom and New Vogue.
- These run from Elementary through to Gold levels. Prepare for your Medal Night in first and second semester
- A variety of social events like bi-monthly dance parties for members and non-members as well as showcase nights such as Get Bodied and Performance Night
- An annual formal dinner dance, when Melbourne and Monash Unis dine in, socialise and groove the night away!
- Entry into dance competitions
Where to find us
All classes are held in the Rehearsal Room in the Basement of the Campus Centre, 21 Chancellors Walk (beneath the Boost), Monash University, Clayton campus.
Some tips to help you navigate:
- Look for BOOST JUICE outside the campus centre
- Walk through the automatic glass doors immediately to the left of Boost
- You will see the basement door to your right
- Go down the stairs to our front desk and the rehearsal room!